WB SET 2018 Notification Apply Online Exam Admit Card | Syllabus:
Taking cognizance of the State Eligibility Test 2018, West Bengal slated to be conduct on 09th December 2018, we look forward to the Office of the Member (Secretary), West Bengal College Service Commission to released now Detailed Notification in respect of West Bengal State Eligibility Test (SET) 2018.
WB SET 2018 Notification Apply Online
West Bengal College Service Commission shall host State Eligibility Test (SET) on 09th December 2018 for the Posts of Assistant Professors in Universities and Colleges of West Bengal in the following Subjects:
(01) English, (02) Bengali, (03) Sanskrut / Sanskrit, (04) Hindi, (05) Urdu, (06) Commerce, (07) Economics, (08) History, (09) Philosophy, (10) Political Science, (11) Education, (12) Chemical Sciences, (13) Geography, (14) Life Sciences, (15) Mathematical Sciences, (16) Physical Sciences, (17) Sociology, (18) Psychology, (19) Library & Information Science, (20) Physical Education, (21) Electronic Science, (22) Computer Science and Applications, (23) Home Science, (24) Santhali, (25) Mass Communication & Journalism, (26) Anthropology, (27) Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean & Planetary Sciences, (28) Music, (29) Law and (30) Nepali.
There is Virtually no Upper Age Limitation to Application to appear in the State Eligibility Test for Award of Junior Research Fellow for Eligibility to the Post of Assistant Professors in different Subjects for teaching in West Bengal Universities and Colleges.
- The Candidates are advised to appear in the Subject of their respective Post Graduation only. The Candidates, whose Post Graduation Subject is not covered in the above List of the Subjects may appear in a related subject.
The Candidates willing to appear for the Subjects, which are not Enlisted / Covered hereinabove may appear in the University Grants Commission / Council of Scientific & Industrial Research – National Eligibility Test (UGC CSIR – NET).
- (i) For Mathematical Sciences, the Candidates having Master’s Degree in Pure and Applied Mathematics or Statistics are Eligible.
(ii) For Life Sciences, the Candidates having Master’s Degree in Biological Science, Botany, Zoology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Bio-Chemistry, Biotechnology, Physiology and other related Subjects are Eligible.
(iii) For Library Science, the Candidates having Master of Library (M.Lib.) / Master of Library & Information Science (M.LISc.) Degree are Eligible.
(iv) For Physical Education, the Candidates having Master of Physical Education (M.P.Ed.) Degree are Eligible.
Conditions of Eligibility:
- The Candidates, who have secured at least 55% Marks (without rounding-off) in Master’s Degree OR Equivalent Examination from the Universities / Institutions recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) in a relevant Subject, are Eligible for this State Eligibility Test. The Other Backward Classes (OBC) belonging to Non-Creamy Layer / Scheduled Caste (SC) / Scheduled Tribe (ST) / Persons with Disabilities (PwDs) Category Candidates, who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree or Equivalent Examination are Eligible for this SET.
- Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing at the Qualifying Master’s Degree (Final Year) Examination and whose Result is still awaited or the Candidates, whose Qualifying Examinations have been delayed, may also apply for this State Eligibility Test. However, such Candidates shall be considered Eligible for Assistant Professor only after they have passed their Master’s Degree Examination OR Equivalent with at least 55% Marks [50% Marks in case of Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer) / Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / Persons with Disabilities (PwDs) Category Candidates]. Such Candidates must complete their respective Post Graduate Degree Examination within Two Years from the Date of the State Eligibility Test Result with the Required Percentage of the Marks, failing which they shall be treated as Disqualified.
- The Philosophiae Doctor (Ph.D.) Degree-holders, whose Master’s Level Examination had been completed by the 19th September 1991 (irrespective of the Date of Declaration of the Result) shall be Eligible for Relaxation of 05% in Aggregate Marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%) for appearing in the State Eligibility Test.
- The Candidates are neither required to send any Certificates / Documents in support of their Individual Eligibility nor the Printout of their respective Online Application Forms to West Bengal College Service Commission. However, the Candidates, in their own individual Interest, must satisfy themselves about their very Eligibility for the State Eligibility Test. In the event of any ineligibility being detected by the West Bengal College Service Commission at any stage, then their Candidature shall be cancelled and such Candidates shall be liable for Legal Action.
- The Candidates having Post-Graduate Diploma / Certificate awarded by the Indian University / Institute or Foreign Degree / Diploma / Certificate awarded by the Foreign University / Institute should, in their own interests, ascertain the Equivalence of their respective Diploma /Degree / Certificate with the Master’s Degree awarded by the Recognized Indian Universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi. (www.aiuweb.org/)
Application Fees (In case not Revised):
Fee & Mode of Payment : Fee Rs. 1000/- for General Candidates, Rs.500/- for Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer) & Rs 250/- Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / Persons with Disabilities Category Candidates.
WBCSC SET 2018 Admit Card Download
West Bengal College Service Commission will release the e-Admit Cards for the State Eligibility Test Minimum 02 Weeks prior to an Official Date for the State Eligibility Test is declared.
The Office of the Controller of Examinations will upload on the Official Website the e-Admission Certificates for the Candidates likely to appear in West Bengal State Eligibility Test 2018. .
West Bengal State ‘State Eligibility Test 2018’ Syllabus:
|Session||Paper||No. Objective-Type Multiple Choice Questions||Marks||Exam Duration|
|First||I||50 questions, all are compulsory||100||1 Hours (09.30 A.M. to 10.30 A.M.)|
|Second||II||100 questions, all are compulsory||200||2 Hours (11.00 A.M. to 1.00 P.M.)|
Procedure and Criteria for Declaration of the West Bengal SET 2018 Result
The University Grants Commission determined the Minimum Qualifying Marks for the Candidates to be considered Eligible for being awarded Junior Research Fellowship & Eligibility for Assistant Professor are as hereunder:
|Minimum Percentage of Marks to be obtained by the Candidates|
|Category||Paper I||Paper II|
|OBC / SBC (Non-Creamy Layer)|
|OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) / PwD / SC/ ST|
West Bengal State Eligibility Test 2018:
It is mandatory for the Candidates appearing in West Bengal State Eligibility Test to secure the aforestated Minimum Qualifying Marks to be considered Junior Research Fellowship And Eligibility for Assistant Professor as herein above.
Amongst those Candidates who have cleared Step I, Merit List would be drawn up (Subject-wise and Category-wise) by using the Aggregate Marks secured by the candidates in the above Two Papers.
Top 15% Candidates (for each Subject and Category), from the Merit List mentioned under Step II shall be declared State Eligibility Test (SET) for Junior Research Fellowship And Eligibility for Assistant Professor only.
West Bengal College Service Commission (WBCSC) would draw up a Separate Merit List for awarding the Junior Research Fellowship to the candidates from amongst the NET Qualified Candidates figuring in the Merit List under Step III.
Furthermore, West Bengal College Service Commission makes the aforestated Qualifying Criteria FINAL & BINDING on the Candidates.
West Bengal College Service Commission Website: www.wbcsc.org.in
Wishing here the Best of Luck for the Candidates!
Click here to log in to WBCSC Website for Detailed Online Notification Download for WBSET 2018.
Click here to log in to WBCSC Website for WBSET 2018 Online Registration.
Click here to log in to WBCSC Website for WB State Eligibility Test 2018 Admit Card Download.