SSC CGL Tier I 2018 Application Form Download Notification, Last Date| Exam Scheme
Every year the Staff Selection Commission conducts various exams in the country for recruitment of candidates for a wide variety of government jobs. There are a number of various jobs available for the candidate under SSC Combined Graduate Level Exam. Candidates from around the country look forward to appear for this exam. Last year also around 30 lakhs applications were received for SSC CGL exam.
SSC CGL Tier I 2018 Application Form
This year also, Staff Selection Commission is about to release the notification regarding the SSC CGL Exam. It is expected that the SSC CGL Tier I Exam will be conducted in the month of August (2018). Interested Candidates may apply for the application from May 2018 to June 2018.
Candidates can check the necessary/required eligibility conditions before applying for SSC CGL Exam 2018:
SSC CGL Tier I Eligibility Criteria
- Aspirant should be an Indian National.
- Candidates must have a minimum educational qualification of graduation in any stream from a recognized university.
- As far as age limit is concerned candidate must be more than 18 years old and less than 27 years old.
All eligible candidates can apply for SSC CGL Exam through the official website of SSC. No other mode of application is available. Also, candidates must keep in mind the important dates to apply for the exam. All the information regarding the date, application forms, exam patter etc. is explained in the following paragraphs.
SSC CGL Tier I Important Dates (Tentative)
|Online Application starts||May 2018|
|Online Application ends||June 2018|
|Date of Admit Card/e-ticket||3 weeks before the exam|
How to Apply for SSC CGL Tier I?
Candidates should perform the following steps in order to successfully apply for the SSC CGL Exam.
- Visit the official website of Staff Selection Commission.
- Go on the section of ‘Recruitment’ and select CGL.
- After this, fill the application form with utmost care and provide all the mandatory information in the application form.
- The last step is the payment of application fees. It should be noted that Female candidates and SC and ST candidates are not required to pay any fees.
The complete Exam pattern and selection procedure for the aspiring candidates who have a dream to get selected for reputed government jobs under SSC Combined Graduate Level are briefly explained below:
SSC CGL Tier I Exam Pattern
In Tier I candidates have to give written examination (online) that consists of 100 questions. The exam is divided in 4 sections and each section consists of 25 questions. There is a negative marking scheme of 0.50 marks deducted per wrong answer in the paper. It is important to know that a total time of 75 minutes will be given in order to complete all the 4 sections
- English Paper- 25 questions of 2 marks per question
- General Awareness- 25 questions of 2 marks per question
- General Intelligence- 25 questions of 2 marks per question
- Quantitative Aptitude- 25 questions of 2 marks per question
SSC CGL Tier II Exam Pattern
Candidates who qualify for tier I will be eligible to appear in tier II. In Tier II candidates have to give written examination (online) that consists of 800 marks. This section contains 4 papers. Each paper will be of 2 hours. Out of these 4 papers, Paper I and Paper II are compulsory for all. Paper III is for the post of junior statistical officer and Paper IV is for assistant audit officer.
- Paper- I Quantitative Ability- 100 questions of 2 marks per question
- Paper- II English Comprehension- 200 questions of 1 mark per question
- Paper- III Statistics- 100 questions of 2 marks per question
- Paper-IV Finance- 100 questions of 2 marks per question
SSC CGL Tier III Exam Pattern
Candidates who qualify for tier II will be eligible to appear in tier III. This will be a descriptive paper of 100 marks. Only 1 hour will be allotted for completion of this paper.
SSC CGL Tier IV Exam Pattern
Candidates who qualify for tier III will be eligible to appear in tier IV. This exam is called Data Entry Skill Test and is only qualifying in nature. Candidates have to qualify this exam in order to make their way to the final merit list.
SSC CGL Selection Procedure
The Staff Selection Commission conducts the selection procedure for Combined Graduate Level Examination in 5 main Stages. In this, candidates have to qualify all the tier of exam (Tier I, II, III and IV) and then then final selection is done on the basis of merit list. Merit list is formed on the basis of the marks obtained by candidates in tier I, tier II, and tier III of examination. Tier IV marks will not be taken into consideration because it is only qualifying in nature.
The entire Selection Procedure in a Nutshell
- Stage- 1 Qualify in Tier I
- Stage- 2 Qualify in Tier II
- Stage- 3 Qualify in Tier III
- Stage- 4 Qualify in Tier IV (Only qualifying in nature)
- Stage- 5 Merit List (Marks in Tier I, II and III will be used to form Merit list)
SSC Official Website:- www.ssc.nic.in