Southern Railways Apprentice Recruit Form 2018 ~~ 624 Vacancies Apply, Last Date:
The recruitment department of Southern Railways has recently published a notification as per which applications are being invited from I.T.I Candidates (Freshers and Ex I.T.I also) for Railway Apprenticeship. To be more precise, applications are being invited for recruitment of 624 vacancies for engagement as Act Apprentices under Apprentice Act by Southern Railways. As per the combined notification no. 1/2017-18, fitter, welder, Machinist, MMV, electrician etc posts are being advertised by the recruitment body.
Southern Railways Apprentice Recruit Form 2018
The offline applications for the given 624 posts of Southern Railways Apprentice are invited from 22nd January 2018 to 21st February 2018. All the procedure of application, selection procedure as well as the eligibility conditions required by the candidates are written in the subsequent paragraphs. Also, the list of 624 vacancies of Southern Railways as per the different posts are being categorized and shown with the help of following table:
|Name of the Posts/Vacancy||Number of vacancies|
|FRESHERS & Ex-ITIs|
|Mechanic Refrigeration & Air conditioner||18|
|ITI Candidates (TIRUCHIRAPPALLI DIVISION)|
|Medical Laboratory Technician (Pathology)||2|
|Medical Laboratory Technician (Radiology)||1|
|ITI Candidates (MADURAI DIVISION)|
|Grand Total||624 Vacancies|
The interested and willing candidates can apply for the above given 624 vacancies of Apprentices in the Southern Railways. The mode of application is offline. However, before sending the applications forms, the candidates must briefly look the required eligibility conditions which are required for the given posts.
Southern Railways Apprentice Eligibility Criteria
- For the posts of Fitter, Machinist, Electrician, Mechanic Diesel, MMV (Mechanic Motor Vehicle), the candidates must have completed 10th Standard and must possess I.T.I certificate in the relevant field.
- For the post of Refrigeration & Air conditioning Mechanic and Electronics Mechanic, the candidates must have completed 10th Standard (with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry) and must possess I.T.I certificate in the relevant field.
- For the post of Welder, the candidates must have completed 8th standard and should have a relevant I.T.I certificate in the relevant field.
- For PASSA, candidates should have passed 10th and possess NTC issued by NCVT in the trade of Computer Operator and Programming Assistant.
- For the post of Medical Laboratory Technician (Radiology) & Medical Laboratory Technician (Pathology), the candidates must have completed 12th Standard with Physics Chemistry and Biology as main subjects.
Apart from these educational qualifications, there are some age restrictions applicable for the candidates. For more details regarding the eligibility criteria/age limit, candidates may refer the official notification a link of which is given at the end of this article.
All the Important dates, application procedure along with the selection procedure for 624 Southern Railway recruitment posts are given here for the candidates:
Southern Railway Recruitment Important dates
|Important Schedule||Important dates|
|Date of Publication of Application forms||22.01.18|
|Date of Closing of Application forms||21.02.18|
How to apply for the recruitment?
- The candidates would need to download and print the application form from the official website of Southern Railways (or from the official notification).
- The candidates would need to fill this application form and pay the processing fee of Rs.100/- in favor of the Workshop Personnel Officer, Southern Railway, Golden Rock, Tiruchirappalli-620 004 Payable at Ponmalai. It is important to know that the candidates belonging to SC/ST categories are exempted from this payment.
- After filling the form and payment of fee, the candidates would need to send this application form at the address given below. Along with the application forms, some documents of the candidates are also required to be submitted/attached a list of which is given in the form.
ADDRESS- The Workshop Personnel Officer, Personnel Branch, Central Workshop, Ponmalai, Trichirappalli ~ 620 004.
Selection Procedure of Southern Railways Apprentice Recruitment
All the candidates whose applications will be duly received by the recruitment body against recruitment of 624 vacancies will be called for Physical Measurement Test (PMT) which will be qualifying in nature.
It is important to know that the selection procedure is completely based upon the Merit list. Based upon the qualifications of the candidates, a merit list will be made by the authority and selections for the post of given apprentice vacancies would be done.
- The marks obtained by the candidates in their respective 10th 12th or 8th Class mark sheets will be converted into 100 marks and the marks obtained in ITI mark sheets will be also converted into 100 marks. Based upon these marks, final merit list will be drawn and recruitment of 624 posts of Southern Railways Apprentice will be done.
Physical Measurement Test (PMT)
Under PMT test, the height, weight, chest and vision of the candidates will be taken into consideration. Only those candidates will be eligible for the further recruitment process who will meet the desired measurements which are set by the recruitment body. More information in this regard is given in the official notification.
Official Website of the Southern Railways- www.sr.indianrailways.gov.in.