SLIET Entrance Test (SET) 2019 ICD MBA BE Ph.D Admissions:
Takes cognizance of Sant Longowal Institute Of Engineering & Technology (SLIET) Communiqués in respect of Admission into the Programs at Certificate, Diploma, Degree, Post Graduate (M.Tech., M.B.A. and M.Sc.) and Ph.D. Level in Science, Humanities, Management, Engineering and Technology. M.Tech. Programs for the Academic Year 2019.
SLIET Entrance Test (SET) 2019
Online Registration for Sant Longowal Institute Of Engineering & Technology Entrance Test (SET) shall commence with issuance of the Sant Longowal Institute Of Engineering & Technology (SLIET) Notification in this regard. We do anticipate the Office of the Chairman / Registrar to shortly release an Official Communiqué for the Applicants.
Sant Longowal Institute Of Engineering & Technology may release in September 2019 Detailed Notification in respect of Sant Longowal Institute Of Engineering & Technology Entrance Test (SET-VI).
SLIET Entrance Test (SET) 2019: Application Form
The Office of the Controller of Examinations shall host in January 2019 SLIET Entrance Test at the quickest possible. The Candidates shall have to imperatively secure Minimum Qualifying 50% Marks to be considered as Provisionally SHORTLISTED for the subsequent Presentation of Research Proposal / Personal Interview slated to be conducted over the next 03 Days.
Pattern Of Examination:
There will be only One Paper carrying Maximum 100 Marks for Two Hours’ Duration.
There will be 100 Multiple Choice Questions of Objective Type comprising Four Options with the Option of submitting One Single Correct Answer to every Objective-Type Multiple Choice Questions. All the Multiple Choice Questions are required to be answered in the Test Question Booklet specific Optical Mark Recognition Based Answer Sheet to be provided at the time of Competitive Written Examination. The Candidates are advised to mark the Answers using Ball Point Pen (Black / Blue) only in the OMR Based Answer Sheet.
SLIET Entrance Examination (SEE) Result:
The Office of the Controller of Examinations shall announce within ONE WEEK the Result for the Doctorate of Philosophy Entrance Test / SLIET Entrance Test 2019.
Master’s Degree in Engineering / Technology / Science / Humanities / Management with Minimum 55% Marks for the Candidates belonging to General (Un-Reserved) (50% for Reserved Categories) in the relevant Disciplines (MCA Degree is not eligible for Ph.D.in CSE).
Admission into Doctorate of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Programs is available in following Categories:
- Full-Time (with Fellowship)*
- Full Time (without Fellowship)
SLIET ICD MBA BE Ph.D Admissions 2019
- Admission into the Ph.D. Programmes will be based on TWO STAGE PROCESS through:
The ENTRANCE TEST (SET-VI) shall be QUALIFYING with the Minimum Qualifying 50% Marks mandatory / compulsory to be secured in the SLIET Entrance Test (SET) 2019. The Syllabus for the Entrance Test shall consist of 50% of Research Methodology and 50% shall be Subject-specific. The Entrance Test shall be conducted at SLIET only; and
2. A Personal Interview / Viva-Voce
Wherein the Candidates shall be put to discuss their Research Interest / Area through a Presentation before a duly Constituted Department Research Committee (DRC). Department Research Committee for Personal Interview / Viva-voce shall also consider the following aspects, viz. whether:
- the Candidate possesses the Competence for the Proposed Research;
- the Research Work may be suitably undertaken at the Institution / College;
- the Proposed Area of the Research may contribute to New / Additional Knowledge.
b) The Candidates who fulfil the Conditions of the Eligibility Criteria may apply Online shortly.
c) The Eligible Candidates who have qualified UGC/CSIR (JRF) NET with Fellowship / NET (ASRB) / State Level Eligibility Test (SLET/SET) with Fellowship / Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering are EXEMPTED FROM APPEARING for the SLIET Entrance Examination. However, they should submit the Proof in support of Qualifying the Examination. But, they have to APPLY ONLINE.
These Candidates shall have to appear for Personal Interview / Viva-voce.
d) MERIT LIST: The Interview will remain APPLICABLE to the Candidates who qualify SET-VI and others who are EXEMPTED FROM APPEARING in SET-V as per 2.3 (c). The Admission shall be given on the basis of the MERIT LIST prepared on the basis Performance in Personal Interview / Presentation.
e) Decision by Interview Selection Panel will be final in respect of suitability of the Candidate and his / her Qualifications for the given Department.
f) The Course Research Methodology is compulsory for all the selected Ph.D. Candidates.
g) The Ordinances, Rules & Regulations for Ph.D. Programs of SLIET, Longowal shall be applicable to all the Successful Candidates as in force from time to time.
The Guidelines of the University Grants Commission shall be applicable to all the Candidates.
h) For Admission under PART-TIME CATEGORY, it is MANDATORY for the Candidate to submit the No-Objection-Certificate issued by the Employer at the time of Counseling.
SLIET Entrance Test Counseling:
The Office of the Registrar / Deputy Registrar, in compliance with the Office of the Chairman Instructions, shall declaring Counseling Schedule within next One Week for Counseling / Registration involving Counseling / Documents Verification. Academic Session shall commence within next Two Days following successful Verification of the Documents.
- Admission into Integrated Certificate-Diploma (ICD) Program (03-Years) through All India SLIET Entrance Test (SET) 2019 after Matriculation / 10th Standard Examination from any Board of Secondary Education / University (Pass in English, Mathematics and Science is Compulsory) recognized by the Central Government / State Government.
Provision of Voluntarily Exit after successfully completing 02-Years (with Requisite Number of the Credits) of ICD Program. The Student will be awarded Certificate Equivalent to 10+2 (PU Chandigarh, Punjab School Education Board & Ministry of Human Resource Development).
- Provision of Entry into 2nd Year of ICD after Industrial Training Institute / Certificate with Two Years Industrial Experience.
- Diploma will be awarded to the Students who will successfully complete 03 Years of ICD with the Prescribed Credits as per Teaching Scheme.
- 50% of SLIET Diploma-holders fulfilling the requisite Criteria will be promoted to 2nd Year of Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) (04-Years) on the basis of all the India Sant Longowal Institute Of Engineering & Technology Entrance Test (AI SLIET ET) conducted by Sant Longowal Institute Of Engineering & Technology.
- Few Seats in 2nd Year of B.E. (04-Years) are open for Diploma-holders from any Institute recognized by the Central Government / State Government in India.
In the new Academic Structure, the Students will have to spend 06-Years (03-Years in ICD + 03-Years in B.E.) to complete the Graduation Program in Engineering & Technology after 10th Standard
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Computer Science & Engineering
- Department of Electrical & Instrument Engineering
- of Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Department of Management & Humanities
- Department of Food Engineering & Technology
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Physics
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Disabilities Studies
|1||Doctorate of Philosophy Chemical Engineering (Ph.D. – CE)|
|2||Doctorate of Philosophy Chemistry (Ph.D.- Chy)|
|3||Doctorate of Philosophy Computer Science and Engineering (Ph.D.-CS)|
|4||Doctorate of Philosophy Electrical & Instrumentation Engineering (Ph.D.-EIE)|
|5||Doctorate of Philosophy Electronics & Communication Engineering (Ph.D.- ECE)|
|6||Doctorate of Philosophy Humanities (English) (Ph.D.-Eng)|
|7||Food Engineering & Technology (Ph.D.-FET)|
|8||Doctorate of Philosophy Management (Ph.D.- Mgmt)|
|9||Doctorate of Philosophy Mathematics (Ph.D.–Maths)|
|10||Doctorate of Philosophy Mechanical Engineering (Ph.D.- ME)|
|Doctorate of Philosophy Physics (Ph.D.-Phy)|
The Institute offers Modular Pattern of Education in the Emerging Areas of Engineering, Technology, Sciences, Humanities and Management.
Following Programmes are offered by the Institute:
- Integrated Certificate-Diploma (ICD)
- 02-Year Diploma (TYD)
- Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.)
- Master of Technology (M.Tech.)
- Master in Business Administration (M.B.A.)
- Master of Science (M.Sc.)
- Doctorate of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
Post-Online Registration Task To Do:
The Registration Page duly filled in / signed should be sent to The Chairman SET – 2019, Sant Longowal Institute Of Engineering & Technology (SLIET), Longowal – 148 106 (District Sangrur), Punjab
Wishing here the Best of Luck for the Candidates!
- Last date for receipt of complete Application Form (SET-I/SET-IA/SET-III/SET-IV/ SET V)
- Last date for receipt of complete Application Form (SET-VI):
- Last date for Modification/correction of information (Category/State Quota/Income):
Press Click here on SLIET Website to download SLIET Admission Prospectus 2019.
Press Click here on SLIET Website for Online Registration.
Press Click here on SLIET Website to check out SLIET Entrance Test 2019 Result, Counseling, etc.