Kanpur University PHD Entrance Test Application Form 2018 CSJMU Notification ~ News:
Taking cognizance of Upcoming Research Eligibility Test (RET) / Doctoral Entrance Eligibility Test (DEET) 2018 for Admission into 02-Years’ Philosophiae Doctor Program for the Academic Year 2018 -19 and Based on Kanpur University / Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University Vice Chancellor, Professor Neelima Gupta Brief in respect of conducting the Pre-Philosophiae Doctor 2018, we look forward to the Office of Registrar to Shortly Release Notice on Notification for Research Eligibility Test – 2018.
Kanpur University PHD Application Form 2018
*Detailed Notification in respect of Pre-Philosophiae Doctor Entrance Test / Research Eligibility Test 2018 shall be Issued in compliance with the Office of the Registrar followed by the Nod from the Office of the Vice-Chancellor, Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University, Details in regard to Upcoming Announcement / Information Bulletin 2018 – 19 on Research Eligibility Test / Pre-Philosophiae Doctor Entrance Test, is likely to follow in June / July 2018.
Criteria for Selection / Admission:
- Any Candidate fulfilling one of the following Requirements may be considered for Admission into Philosophiae Doctor / Master of Philosophy Program without appearing in the Ph.D. Research Eligibility Test; however, even such Candidates shall have to appear for the Personal Interview / Viva-voce and will need to Obtain the Minimum Qualifying Marks (to be specified) in Personal Interview.
- Any Candidate, who has qualified the National Eligibility Test (NET) as National Eligibility Test – Junior Research Fellowship (NET-JRF); however, the Candidates qualifying the National Eligibility Test for Lectureship (NET-LS) (National Eligibility Test for Lectureship), OR the State Level Eligibility Test (SLET), only, shall not be Eligible for Ph.D. Research Entrance Test Exemption.
- A Permanent Teacher of the Institute with Post Graduate Qualification having Minimum 02 (Two) Papers Published in a Standard Journal or Two Full Papers on the reputed Conference Proceedings.
- Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) Students of Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University, who have qualified the Research Eligibility Test (RET) conducted by Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University for Admission into Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.), shall Remain Exempted from appearing in the Research Eligibility Test for Admission into Philosophiae Doctor / Doctorate in Philosophy Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University offered Course.
- Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering (GATE) 2017 / 2018 will be considered for Admission into the Discipline under the Faculty of Engineering only.
- Any Candidate, who is a Recipient of Fellowships of the Government / Semi-Government Organizations, such as, the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), University Grants Commission (UGC), All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Department of Science and Technology (DST), Defence Research & Development Organization (DRDO), Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Department of Biotechnology (DBT), and similar National-Level Organizations (NLOs), which are awarded through an All India Selection Procedure conducted by the Agency / Organization Concerned. However, the Candidates selected in the Research Project funded by such Organizations shall not be considered under Philosophiae Doctor Research Eligibility Test (Ph.D. RET) Exempted Category.
Procedure for Admission:
Common Entrance Test Qualified & Direct Common Entrance Test for Admission into Philosophiae Doctor consisting of the Branches, viz., Agriculture, Arts, Science AND Commerce and Pedagogy cited in the Subsequent Tabular Format.
Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University offers Philosophiae Doctor / Master of Philosophy in a few of the Courses among others mentioned in the Tabular Format.
Philosophiae Doctor Program is Offered into the Domain Specific Subjects as mentioned here under:
|Philosophiae Doctor Program||Discipline|
Agricultural Chemistry, Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Extension, Agronomy, Botanical Agriculture / Agricultural Botany, Dairying and Animal Husbandry, Genetics & Plant Breeding, Horticulture
Economics, English, Geography, Hindi, History, Music, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Sanskrut, Sociology
Biology, Botany, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics
|Commerce & Pedagogy||(Only Master of Education Passed Candidates)|
The Office of Controller of Examinations, Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University, may host in October / November 2018 Research Eligibility Test (RET) aimed at Shortlisting the Candidates based on the Merit Preparation forming the Basis for the Final Select List drawn up in order of Merit and Marks for Admission in 02-Years’ Philosophiae Doctor Program for the Academic Year 2018 – 2019.
The Controller of Examinations, post-Announcement of the Result, will Upload in Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University Website the Result for Philosophiae Doctor Entrance Test displayed here in the Later Part of this Information Bulletin.
Kanpur University CSJMU RET 2018 Counseling
The Candidates Shortlisted in the Philosophiae Doctor Entrance Test / Research Eligibility Test 2018 to be Announced by the Office of the Registrar, Kanpur University, will be Informed in respect of Counseling / Personal Interview, etc. The Candidates Declared ‘Merit-Listed’ in the Research Eligibility Test (RET) 2018 shall be Able to check out the Update in due course of time. A Notice on Research Eligibility Test 2018 Counseling shall be Declared within 02 Weeks of the Declaration of the Result for the Research Eligibility Test 2018.
We would continue to Publish on our Website all Updates at Regular Intervals in concurrence with the Office of the Controller of Examination Communiqués release at times.
Kanpur Univ Research Eligibility Test / Research Entrance Test 2018
The Office of the Controller of Examinations / Registrar, based on the Marks Obtained in this Philosophiae Doctor Entrance Test, shall draw up the Category-wise Merit List and the Category-wise Result of the Successful Candidates will be Displayed on the Website of the Coordinating University and the same shall be sent through electronic Mail e-Mail to all the Participating State Universities with the Hard Copy thereof as well. The Office of the Registrar shall Issue Instruction for Publishing Notice on the Next Date to this effect, which would be Released / Published in those Daily Newspapers in which the Advertisements were Published earlier.
A Philosophiae Doctor Entrance Test / Written Test consisting of 02 (Two) Question Papers shall be based on the Questions with Short Answers as follows:
Examination Duration: 02-Hours Allotted for Paper-I and 03-Hours for Paper-II:
|Paper & Components||No. of Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions||Maximum Marks||Objective of the Test / Evaluation|
|Objective and Descriptive Questions||100||100||
Aimed at Assessing the Candidates’ General Awareness, Academic Aptitude and Subject Proficiency
|Subject-Based Objective Test||200||200||
Aimed at Assessing the Candidates’ Subject Expertise, Research Aptitude and Subject Knowledge
First Paper, spanning 02 (Two) Hours’ Examination Duration, shall comprise 100 Multiple Choice Questions of Objective Type with Short Answers for 100 Marks and will be for Assessing General Awareness, Academic Aptitude and Subject Proficiency.
The Second Paper with 03-Hours Examination Duration will comprise 200 Multiple Choice Questions of Objective Type for 200 Marks for Assessing the Subject Expertise, Research Aptitude and Subject Knowledge. There shall be no Negative Marking.
Research Entrance Test 2018 Viva-voce:
The Viva-voce shall be Conducted in the University Head Quarter and would be Open to the Merit-Listed Candidates Interested in the Subjects, where the Candidates summoned for Personal Interview / Viva-voce will have to Present the Main Findings of his / her Thesis and Defend the same. After Satisfactory Viva-voce, the Examination Committee or Sub-Committee, as the case may be, may Recommend that the Result of the Candidate be Declared and the Result shall be Announced accordingly.
We hereby would like to Advise the Candidates to Log into Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University Website for Details on the Upcoming Announcement / Information Bulletin 2018 – 19 likely to follow in June / July 2018.
Application Fee (If not Revised):
Un-Reserved / General Category Candidates: ₹ 1000/-
Reserved Community Candidates: ₹ 500/-
Wishing here the Best of Luck for the Candidates!
Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University Website: www.kanpuruniversity.org
Log into Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University Website for Online Registration / Notification Downloading.