JKSET 2018 Kashmir University Notification | Application Form ~ Eligibility ~ Syllabus ~ Ques Papers:
UoK JKSET 2018 – Online Registration: The University or Kashmir will shortly release Detailed Notification in respect of JAK SET 2018 for Eligibility of Assistant Professors. The Candidates would be able to Apply Online as per the Dates published there in the Notification for J&K State Eligibility Test 2018.
JKSET 2018 Notification
However, other than General Category, the Applications Forms accompanied by the Prescribed Documents and Category Certificates of Reserved Category Candidates receivable at State Eligibility Test Office, University of Kashmir / Jammu Centre Coordinator’s Office as per Center opted by the Candidate will also be notified in the Advertisement.
JKSET 2018 Online Application Form
Taking cognizance of the Human Resource Development (SET) Jammu & Kashmir State Notification in respect of J&K State Eligibility Test 2018, we would like to fore-cite the Eligibility Criteria for the ready reference of the Candidates, yet exhorting them to peruse the Notification released / published by the University of Kashmir on behalf of Human Resource Development, State Eligibility Test.
J&K SET Subjects and Serial No. as Code No.
Subject/ Area Code
- Chemical Sciences
- Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean & Planetary Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Arab Culture and Islamic Studies
- Arabic Language
- Buddhist, Jaina, Gandhian & Peace Studies
- Computer Science & Applications
- Dogri Dialect
- Electronic Science
- English Language
- Environmental Science
- Hindi Language
- Home Science
- Kashmiri Dialect
- Library & Information Science
- Mass Communication & Journalism
- Persian Language
- Physical Education
- Political Science
- Punjabi Dialect
- Sanskrut Language
- Social Work
- Urdu Dialect
JKSET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Even as Human Resource Development (J&K SET) shall intimate the Eligibility Criteria in the Notification and we would like to advise the Candidates to carefully read between the Lines with regard to both Appearance and Exemption cited in the Notification.
- The Candidates, who have secured Minimum 55% Marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR the Equivalent Examination from the Universities / Institutions recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) in Sciences, Humanities (including Languages) and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science, etc., are eligible for the State Eligibility Test. Scheduled Caste (SC) /Scheduled Tribe (ST) / Persons with Disabilities (PwDs) category and Other Backward Class (OBC) Candidates belonging to the Non-Creamy Layer who have secured at least 50% Marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree or Equivalent Examination are Eligible for the State Eligibility Test.
- The Candidates who have appeared OR shall be appearing at the Qualifying Master’s Degree (Final Year) Examination and whose Result are still awaited OR the Candidates, whose Qualifying Examinations have been delayed, may also apply for the State Eligibility Test. However, such Candidates would be admitted Provisionally and shall be considered Eligible for award of Eligibility for Assistant Professor only after they have passed their respective Master’s Degree Examination or Equivalent with Minimum 55% Marks (50% Marks in case of Other Backward Classes / Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / PwDs Category Candidates). Such candidates must qualify their Post Graduate Degree Examination within Two Years from the date of the SET Result with the Required Percentage of the Marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
- The Philosophiae Doctor (Ph.D.) Degree-holders, whose Master’s Level Examination had been completed by the 19th of September, 1991 (irrespective of the Date of Declaration of the Result) shall be Eligible for a relaxation of 5% in the Aggregate Marks (i.e., from 55% to 50%) for appearing in State the Eligibility Test.
- The Candidates are advised to appear in the Subject of their Post-Graduation Level only. The Candidates, whose Post-Graduation Subject is not covered in the List of the Subjects in Item No. 3 may appear in a related Subject.
Syllabus & Scheme of JAKS SET – UGC State Level Eligibility Test 2018:
The Central Board of Secondary Education shall conduct the NET, December 2018 based on the Subject opted for by the candidates as per following Pattern:
|Session||Paper||No. Of Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions||Marks||Examination Duration|
|First||I||60 Out of 50 Multiple Choice Questions of Objective Type to be attempted||100||1¼ Hours (09.30 A.M. to 10.45 A.M.)|
|First||II||50 Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions and All the Multiple Choice Questions are compulsory||100||
1¼ Hours (10.45 A.M. to 12.00 Noon)
75 Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions and all the Multiple Choice Questions are compulsory
2½ Hours (01.30 P.M. to 4.00 P.M.)
The candidates may like to take a look at the Subjects (mentioned under the Heading NAMES of the NET Subjects:
Procedure and Criteria for Declaration of the JAKS UGC NET 2018 Result:
The University Grants Commission has determined the Minimum Qualifying Marks for the candidates to be considered eligible for being awarded Junior Research Fellowship & Eligibility for Assistant Professor as here under:
|Minimum Percentage of Marks to be obtained by the Candidates|
|Category||Paper I||Paper II||Paper III|
|General||40 (40%)||40 (40%)||75 (50%)|
|OBC / SBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||35 (35%)||35 (35%)||67.5 (45%)|
|OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) / PwDs / SCs/ STs||35 (35%)||35 (35%)||60 (40%)|
J&KSET / SLET 2018:
It is mandatory for the Candidates desiring to appear in the State Eligibility Test to secure the Minimum Qualifying Marks to be considered as Junior Research Fellowship & Eligibility for Assistant Professor as herein above.
Amongst those Candidates, who have cleared Step I, Merit List shall be drawn up (Subject-wise and Category-wise) by using the Aggregate Marks secured by the Candidates in the above Three Papers.
Top 15% Candidates (for each Subject and Category), from the Merit List mentioned under Step II shall be declared State Level Eligibility Test (SLET) Bureau for Junior Research Fellowship & Eligibility for Assistant Professor only.
The Rajasthan Public Service Commission would draw up a Separate Merit List for awarding the Junior Research Fellowship to the candidates from amongst the NET qualified candidates figuring in the Merit List under Step III.
Furthermore, the Jammu & Kashmir SET makes the aforestated Qualifying Criteria FINAL & BINDING on the Candidates.
The University of Kashmir a State Nodal Agency for the Human Resource Development (SET) will host the Jammu & Kashmir State ‘State Eligibility Test 2018’ in the Subjects mentioned here under:Examination Fee (If not Revised)
- General category: Rs 800/- (Rupees Eight Hundred only)
- Other Backward Classes Rs 500/- (Rupees Five Hundred only)
- SC/ST/PwDs Rs 400/- (Rupees Four Hundred only)
Venue for Receipt of the Documents:
Human Resource Development Center:
Near General Zoravar Singh auditorium complex,
University of Jammu Jammu 180 006
Wishing here the Best of Luck for the Candidates!