IIT HSEE 2018 Application Form Download Notification | Result | Counseling:
Online Registration for Admission into i) Integrated Master of Arts in Development Studies & ii) Integrated Master of Arts in English Studies offered at the Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, shall commence on the 14th of December 2017 (14.12.2017) with the Deadline for Online Application Form closing on the 24th of January 2018 (24.01.2018).
The Candidates meeting with the Eligibility Criteria in compliance with the Indian Institute of Technology, Madras Notification, are hereby encouraged to Apply Online Effective the Dates mentioned herein above.
IIT HSEE 2018 Application Form
The Office of the Controller of Examinations, the Indian Institute of Technology, shall host on the 15th of April 2018 Humanities & Social Sciences Entrance Examination for Admission into 05-Years Integrated Master of Arts (M.A.) in Development Studies and Integrated Master of Arts (M.A.) in English Studies.
Qualifying Examination: The Candidates applying for HSEE – 2018 must have passed any one of the following Qualifying Examinations for the First Time in 2017 or should be appearing in 2018.
- Final Examination of the 10+2 System, conducted by a Central or State Board recognized by the Association of Indian Universities
- Intermediate or Two-Years’ Pre-University Examination conducted by a Board or University recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
- Final Examination of the Two-Year’ Course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defense Academy.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open © HSEE-2018, Information Brochure, Indian Institute of Technology Madras Schooling with Minimum Five Subjects.
- Any Public School, Board or University Examination in India or in any Foreign Country recognized as Equivalent to the 10+2 System by the Association of Indian Universities.
- High School Certificate / Higher Secondary Certificate (H.S.C.) Vocational Examination.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London, Cambridge or Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) Level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma Awarded by the International Baccalaureate Office (IBO), Geneva. The Candidates, who have completed Class XII (or Equivalent) Examination Overseas / outside India or from a Board not specified above shall have to furnish / produce a Certificate from the Association of Indian Universities to the effect that the Examination they have passed is Equivalent to the Class XII Examination.
In case the Class XII Examination is not a Public Examination, then the Candidate must have passed at least one Public (Board or Pre-University) Examination earlier.
Scheme of Test for the HSEE – 2018:
Humanities & Social Sciences Entrance Examination – 2018 consists of Two Parts: Part I and Part II.
Syllabus for Part-I consists of English (25% Marks of Part I), Analytical and Quantitative Ability (25% Marks of Part I), and General Studies (in Four Sub-Parts; 50% Marks of Part I). Part II involves Essay Writing.
Admission Mode And Intake:
Admission shall be solely through Humanities & Social Sciences Entrance Examination (HSEE). The Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, Department of Humanities & Social Sciences had earmarked Total 46 Seats with Each Stream having 23 Seats.
Allocation of the Seats to Individual Streams shall be made on the basis of the Students’ Academic Performance Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) during the First Three Semesters, Students’ Preferences, and Availability of the Seats under each Discipline.
Merit List / Ranking Preparation Procedure:
The Rank List will be drawn up based on the Aggregate Marks obtained in the Humanities & Social Sciences Entrance Examination (HSSEE) – 2018.
- A Common Rank List made up of the Candidates, who score at least 50% Marks in the HSEE-2017 will be prepared. Separate Rank Lists will be prepared corresponding to Other Backward Classes (NCL), Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and the Persons with Disabilities (PwDs) Categories.
- The Candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes (NCL) Category must score Minimum 45% Marks in the Humanities & Social Sciences Entrance Examination – 2018 in order to be in the Other Backward Classes (NCL) Rank List. The Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe Categories must Score at least 25% Marks in the HSEE – 2018 in order to be in their respective Rank Lists.
- A Common Rank List will be prepared for the Persons with Disabilities Category Candidates. To be in the PwDs Rank List, the Candidates must score at least 25% Marks in the Humanities & Social Sciences Entrance Examination – 2017 in Aggregate.
Separate Rank Lists for the PwDs Category will be prepared corresponding to Other Backward Classes (NCL), Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe Categories.
The Seats will be allotted to the Merit-Listed Candidates using the Rank Lists and the number of the Seats available in each Category. If any Candidate (who has been Allotted a Seat) declines to take Admission due to some reason or does not respond to the Allotment, a Seat becomes Vacant. Such Vacant Seats will be Allotted to the next Candidate in the respective Rank Lists.
While Allotting a Seat, if any Candidate belongs to more than one Category of the relaxed Norms, then He / She shall be considered only in the Category in which they get Maximum Benefit. If Sufficient Other Backward Classes (NCL) Candidates are not available, then the Seats will be de-reserved and Open for Allotment to General Candidates.
Any Candidate scoring Higher Aggregate Marks will receive a Better Rank.
Methodology for Resolving TIE:
If TIES occur in the Aggregate Marks, then the Candidate, who scores Higher Marks in Part II (Essay Writing) shall be given a Higher Rank. If the Ties occur in; Part II and the Aggregate Marks, then the one who scores Higher Marks in the “General Studies” Section of Part I will be given a Higher Rank. If the TIES occur in all of Aggregate, Essay Writing, and General Studies Marks, then the one who scores Higher Marks in the “Analytical Abilities” Section of Part I will receive a Higher Rank. If the TIES occur after all these Tie-Breaking Criteria, the candidate will be given the Same Rank.
HSSEE 2018 Counseling Round | Document Verification
Counseling Schedule shall be notified by the Office of the Controller of Examinations in coordination with Department of Humanities & Social Sciences only subsequent to Announcement of the Result, Rank and Merit List for the Humanities & Social Sciences Entrance Examination 2018. Counseling for Admission into Integrated M.A. in Development Studies / Integrated M.A. in English Studies shall be conducted involved Verification of the Documents shall be held as per the Schedule declared for the same.
Check List for Document Submission:
- Scanned Photograph and Signatures of the Candidate and the Parent / Guardian;
- Scanned Copy of Secondary School Certificate Examination / High School Certificate Examination (Xth) Class Public Examination Certificate for Name and Proof of the Date of Birth;
- Scanned Copy of 10+2 Class Mark Sheet (if already passed 10+2 Examination);
- Scanned Copy of the Category Certificate (SC/ST/OBC-NCL), if applicable. Other Backward Classes (NCL) Certificate must have been obtained on or after April 1, 2016 along with an Undertaking. See Form – Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe, Form – Other Backward Classes (NCL), Form – Self-Declaration.
- Scanned Copy of Persons with Disabilities Certificate, if Applicable. Form-Persons with Disabilities (II), Form –Persons with Disabilities (III), Form – Persons with Disabilities (IV), Form – Dyslexic-1, Form-Dyslexic-2, Form – Scribe shall be appended in the Admission Brochure 2018.
Application Fee (In case not Revised):
General / Un-Reserved other than Reserved Categories: ₹ 2200/-
Reserved (Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / Persons with Disabilities) Categories: ₹ 1100/-
Wishing here the Best of Luck for the Candidates!
Indian Institute of Technology, Madras Website: www.hsee.iitm.ac.in
Click here to log in to the Indian Institute of Technology Madras Website for Detailed Online Notification / Information Brochure 2018.
Click here to log in to the Indian Institute of Technology Madras Website for Online Registration.