HP PSC SET Entrance Test 2017-18 Application Form | Exam Date Download Hall Ticket:
Taking cognizance of Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission (HP PSC) Notification No. 12/2017 Dated the 8th of November 2017 (08.12.2017) in respect of the Himachal Pradesh State Eligibility Test (HP SET) 2018 for Recruitment to the Posts of Assistant Professor to be held in February / March 2018, we would like to mention in the subsequent Paragraphs for the ready reference of the Candidates aiming to Apply for State Eligibility Test 2018.
HP PSC SET Entrance Test 2017-18 Application Form
Nota Bene: We would, hereby, like to Advise the Applicants to carefully read between the Lines as regards the Eligibility Conditions Details while Applying Online.
- The Candidates, who have secured Minimum 55% Marks (without rounding-off) in Master’s Degree OR Equivalent Examination from the Universities / Institutions recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) in a relevant Subject, are Eligible for this State Eligibility Test. The Other Backward Classes (OBC) belonging to Non-Creamy Layer / Scheduled Caste (SC) / Scheduled Tribe (ST) / Persons with Disabilities (PwDs) Category Candidates, who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree or Equivalent Examination are Eligible for this SET.
- Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing at the Qualifying Master’s Degree (Final Year) Examination and whose Result is still awaited or the Candidates, whose Qualifying Examinations have been delayed, may also apply for this State Eligibility Test. However, such Candidates shall be considered Eligible for Assistant Professor only after they have passed their Master’s Degree Examination OR Equivalent with at least 55% Marks [50% Marks in case of Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer) / Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / Persons with Disabilities (PwDs) Category Candidates]. Such Candidates must complete their respective Post Graduate Degree Examination within Two Years from the Date of the State Eligibility Test Result with the Required Percentage of the Marks, failing which they shall be treated as Disqualified.
- The Philosophiae Doctor (Ph.D.) Degree-holders, whose Master’s Level Examination had been completed by the 19th September 1991 (irrespective of the Date of Declaration of the Result) shall be Eligible for Relaxation of 05% in Aggregate Marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%) for appearing in the State Eligibility Test.
- The Candidates are neither required to send any Certificates / Documents in support of their Individual Eligibility nor the Printout of their respective Online Application Forms to West Bengal College Service Commission. However, the Candidates, in their own individual Interest, must satisfy themselves about their very Eligibility for the State Eligibility Test. In the event of any ineligibility being detected by the West Bengal College Service Commission at any stage, then their Candidature shall be cancelled and such Candidates shall be liable for Legal Action.
- The Candidates having Post-Graduate Diploma / Certificate awarded by the Indian University / Institute or Foreign Degree / Diploma / Certificate awarded by the Foreign University / Institute should, in their own interests, ascertain the Equivalence of their respective Diploma /Degree / Certificate with the Master’s Degree awarded by the Recognized Indian Universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi.
Download HP State Eligibility Test 2018
Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission (HPPSC) shall host Himachal State Eligibility Test in February / March 2018 the State Eligibility Test (SET) in 22 Subjects mentioned in the subsequent Part.
Subjects for the State Eligibility Test (SET):
- Chemical Sciences 2. English 3. Life Sciences 4. Commerce 5. Economics 6. Geography 7. Hindi 8. History 9. Mathematical Sciences 10. Music 11. Physical Sciences 12. Physical Education 13. Sociology 14. Sanskrut 15. Political Science 16. Public Administration 17. Computer Science and Applications 18. Tourism Administration and Management 19. Mass Communication & Journalism 20. Philosophy 21. Psychology and 22. Education
|Session||Paper||No. Objective-Type Multiple Choice Questions||Marks||Examination Duration|
60 Out of 50 Multiple Choice Questions of Objective Type to be attempted
1¼ Hours (09.30 A.M. to 10.45 A.M.)
50 Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions and all are Compulsory
1¼ Hours (10.45 A.M. to 12.00 Noon)
75 Multiple Choice Questions of Objective Type, all are Compulsory
2½ Hours (01.30 P.M. to 4.00 P.M.)
HP PSC State Eligibility Test 2018:
It is mandatory for the Candidates desiring to appearing in the State Eligibility Test to secure the Minimum Qualifying Marks to be considered Junior Research Fellowship & Eligibility for Assistant Professor as herein above.
Amongst those Candidates who have cleared Step I, Merit List would be drawn up (Subject-wise and Category-wise) by using the Aggregate Marks secured by the Candidates in the aforecited 03 (Three) Papers.
Top 15% Candidates (for each Subject and Category), from the Merit List mentioned under Step II shall be declared State Eligibility Test (SET) for Junior Research Fellowship And Eligibility for Assistant Professor only.
HP Public Service Commission would draw up a Separate Merit List for awarding the Junior Research Fellowship to the candidates from amongst the NET Qualified Candidates figuring in the Merit List under Step III.
Furthermore, Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission, in compliance with the University Grants Commission and Himachal Pradesh State, makes the aforestated State Eligibility Test Qualifying Criteria FINAL & BINDING on the Candidates.
Procedure and Criteria for Declaration of the Himachal Pradesh SET 2018:
The University Grants Commission determined the Minimum Qualifying Marks for the Candidates to be considered Eligible for being awarded Junior Research Fellowship / Eligibility for Assistant Professor is as hereunder:
|Minimum Percentage of Marks to be obtained by the Candidates|
|Category||Paper I||Paper II||Paper III|
|General / Un-Reserved
||40 (40%)||40 (40%)||75 (50%)|
|OBC / SEBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||35 (35%)||35 (35%)||67.5 (45%)|
|OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) / PwDs / SC/ ST||35 (35%)||35 (35%)||60 (40%)|
Examination Fee & Mode Of Payment:
- General / Un-Reserved Domiciled in Himachal Pradesh and other States (All Categories): ₹ 700/-
- Other Backward Class (Non-Creamy Layer) of Himachal Pradesh: ₹ 350/-
- Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe of Himachal Pradesh: ₹ 175/-
- Persons with Disabilities (General / Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / Other Backward Classes) belonging to and Domiciled in Himachal Pradesh ₹ 175/-
Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission Website: www.hppsc.hp.gov.in
Facilitation Counter For Guidance Of The Candidates:
In case of any Guidance / Information / Clarification regarding their Applications, Candidature, etc. the Candidates may contact Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission’s Help Center over Telephone Nos. 0177- 2629738, 2624313 and 1800-180-8004 (Toll Free) on the Working Days between 10:00 Hours up to 17:00 Hours.
Wishing here the Best of Luck for the Candidates!
Click here to log into HP Public Service Commission Website to download the Detailed Notification to check out Eligibility Criteria / Condition, etc.
Click here to log in to HPPSC Website for Online Registration.