GPSC Gujarat Class-1-2 Advertisement 2018, Upcoming Vacancies SO / Mamalatdar / DSP Apply Online | Syllabus:
Gujarat Public Service Commission (GPSC) is likely to issue the notification for upcoming Class-1 and Class-2 post for recruitment. Interested applicant who wishes to make carrier in Gujarat Government can apply online for this GPSC recruitment 2018 through official website of Gujarat Public Service Commission that is www.gpsc.gujarat.gov.in for Class-1 and Class-2 Section Officer recruitment 2018 before the last date. Interested can check their eligibility criteria in order to apply for the same.
GPSC Gujarat Class-1-2 Advertisement 2018
The Gujarat Public Service Commission (GPSC) is likely to release the Advertisement For the Class -1 & Class-2 For the Posts of Section Officer (SO), Mamlatdar & DSP Posts etc. All the Eligible Candidate Can Apply For the Posts through the official website.
Post wise No of Vacancies-
|Name of Posts||No of Posts|
|Deputy Superintendent of Police|
|District Registrar Cooperative Societies|
|Superintendent Prohibition & Excise|
|Assistant Commissioner Tribal Development|
|Section Officer (Sachivalay):|
|Section Officer (GPSC):|
|Section Officer (Gujarat Assembly Secretariat):|
|Taluka Development Officer (TDO):|
|Asst. District Registrar:|
|District inspector of land records:|
|Assistant Director (Food and Civil Supplies):|
|Tribal Development Officer:|
|Private secretary (English Stenographers Grade- 1) (Special Recruitment):|
|District Youth Development Officer:|
|Scientific Officer (Chemistry):|
|Industry Officer (Technical) / Manager:|
|Inspector of Registration:|
|Assistant Research Officer:|
|Deputy Director (I.T.)|
|Total no of Posts|
Eligibility Criteria for GPSC Class-1-2 SO, Jobs 2018:
Candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree from any recognized University incorporated by an act of the Parliament or Legislature in India.
The candidate desirous to apply for the post should must have completed the age of 21 year and must not be more than 35 Years of age at the time of online form application process. However age relaxation will be applicable as the rules of Gujarat Government for which candidate need to visit the official website of Gujarat Public Service Commission.
GPSC Class-1-2 Jobs 2018 Apply Online
- Log on to the website www.gpsc.gujarat.gov.in
- Click on the application form link.
- Fill in with the correct required details.
- Upload recent passport size photograph and signature in the prescribed size and format.
- Make the payment by clicking on the payment gateway link using internet banking/debit or Credit Card.
- Submit the online application form by clicking on the submit button.
- Take the printout and keep it for future reference.
Application fee for GPSC Class-1-2- SO, Jobs 2018:
The applicable fee for the application will be Rs. 100/-.
Note: Candidate need to visit the official website for GPSC exam admit card which will be available soon.
Exam pattern and syllabus for GPSC Class-1-2-SO, Jobs 2018:
Gujarat Public Service conducts exam in three phases:
- The Preliminary Exam
- Main Examination
- The personality Test (Interview)
The exam pattern for GPSC Class-1-2-SO 2018 (Preliminary Exam):
- General Studies-I carry total marks of 200.
- General Studies-II carry total marks of 200.
The exam pattern for GPSC Class-1-2-SO 2018 (Main)
- Gujarati (Descriptive) carry 150 marks
- English (Descriptive) carry 150 marks
- General Studies Paper 1 (Objective) carry 150 marks
- General Studies Paper 2 (Objective) carry 150 marks
- Essay carry 150 marks
- General Studies Paper3 (Objective) carry 150 marks
GPSC Class -1-2 Syllabus | Exam Pattern 2018
The total number of marks consists of 200 for Interview round.
The Detailed Syllabus for GPSC Class-1-2-SO 2018 (Preliminary Exam)
Syllabus for English
- Grammar and Usage: Article, Pronoun, Adjective, Preposition, Conjunction, Verb and Tenses, Participle, Modal Auxiliaries, Usage of Can/May/Could/Should, Active and Passive Voice, Degree of Adjectives, Common Errors of Usage.
- Verbal skills and Word Power: Vocabulary, Idioms and common phrases, Spelling, Homonyms, Synonyms and antonyms, commonly confused words
Syllabus for Reasoning
- Pictorial Reasoning: Mirror and Water Images, Selection of Figures, Analogy Questions.
- Geometric Perception: Counting of Figures, Folding of Papers, Interpretation of Non-Quantitative Charts, Interpretation of Slope, Cube Cutting etc., Coding and Decoding.
- Introduction to Logic: Assumptions, Premises, Conclusions.
- Venn Diagram & Syllogism Problems: Rules of Syllogism, Concept of Contradiction.
- Truth Table: Interpretation of Condition and Conjunctions etc.
- Degree of Truth and & Courses of Action.
- Games Involving Selection of Group, Sitting Arrangement, Scheduling.
- Attribute Search Problems
- Critical Reasoning: Causes and Effect As Foundation of Critical Reasoning, Fallacies: Avoiding Invalid Arguments, Solving Critical Reasoning Questions.
- Logical Decision Making: Decision Making Under Specific Condition, Decision Making In Government Services, Decision Making for Good Governance.
- Syllabus for Quantitative Ability: Number system, Square, square root and cube, Prime numbers, factorization and HCF&LCM, Decimal fraction, Ration, Proportion & Variation, Rule of three and chain rule, Partnership, Percentage-problems involving product of variables, Introduction algebra-BODMAS, simplification of weired symbols, Linear equations, Problems on ages, Power and exponent, Profit and loss, Mixture and Allegation, Simple and Compound interest, Time and work, Time and distance, Counting, permutation and combination, Probability theory, Inequalities, Quadratic equation, Sequences and progressions, Circles, Area and perimeter, Volume and surface area, Quantitative comparison, Number series, Races, Speed, Data sufficiency.
Syllabus for General Studies:
- Geography of Gujarat
- The Government policies welfare schemes and the problems and issues
- Education system in Gujarat.
- Human Resources Development
- Human Resources Development in India
- Vocational education
- The constitution of India
- Disaster Management
- Development and Environment issues and mitigation measures
- National and international events
- Sports and games
- General Science
- Current events
- Important events before and after Independence.
GPSC Mains Exam 2018 Syllabus
In this candidate have to select any one from the given topic:
- Public Administration
- Commerce and Accountancy
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Political Science and International Relation
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Science
- Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
- Gujarati Literature
- English Literature
- Sanskrit Literature
Selection GPSC Class-1-2-SO 2018
The Selection process will be based on written and Interview. Candidates who cleared the written exam will be called for interview.
Important dates for GPSC Class-1-2- SO, Jobs 2018:
- Opening date of online application form:
- Closing date of online application form:
- Date of Pre Exam:
- Date of Main Exam:
Official GPSC Gujarat Web Portal: www.gpsc.gujarat.gov.in