Gauhati University Ph.d Admission Form 2019 Entrance Test ~ Admit Card:
Taking cognizance of the Office of the Chairman / Registrar (Examination) / Centralized Admission Committee Notification Due to be released before mid-April 2019 for Admission into Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) and Philosophiae Doctor (Ph.D.) Program (Autumn Session) for the Academic Academic Year 2019 – 20, we would briefly cite in the subsequent Paragraphs:
Gauhati University Ph.d Admission Form 2019
The Office of the Controller of Examinations shall Release the GU-RET 2019 Admission Certificates Minimum 07 Days / a Fortnight before the Date for the Research Eligibility Test for the Candidates. The Controller of Examinations will Upload in the University Website (put up for Display in the Later Part of this Information Bulletin) the e-Hall Tickets for the Candidates
- Any Applicant Person / Candidate having in possession Post Graduate Degree Awarded by Gauhati University or from any Recognized University or any Institute in a Subject in the Faculties of Arts, Science, Commerce, Management, Law, Technology, Fine Arts, Engineering, and Medicine or other Professional Subjects of Gauhati University with Not Less Than 55% (Fifty Five Percent) Marks or Equivalent Grade in the Subject Concerned may apply for Admission into the Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) or Philosophiae Doctor (PhD.) Programs in the Subject in which the Candidate has the Master’s Degree or in an Allied Subject. The Minimum Marks for Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer) Candidates or a Persons with Disabilities (PwDs) / Differently-Abled Persons (DAPs) Differently-Abled Candidate (with Equal to or More than 40% Disability) is 50% or Equivalent Grade.
- In case of Medical Sciences, the Rules of Medical Council of India (MCI) / Indian Nursing Council (INC) / Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI) / Recommendation of Faculty of Medicine for Clinical Courses shall be followed (Where Necessary).
- An Applicant, who has an Master of Education (M.Ed.) Degree may Apply for Philosophiae Doctor (Ph.D.) Program in the Education Department for Research on a Topic related to Education, Education System, Curriculum, Teaching Methods, Educational Technology of the Subject Concerned, provided the Applicant has a Master’s Degree in the Subject Concerned. In such cases, the Applicant will have to appear in the Gauhati University Notified Admission Test / Gauhati University Research Eligibility Test / Research Entrance Test (GU-RET), unless Exempted, in the Subject of the Parent Department and, if Admitted, the Candidate shall have to take a Co-Guide from the Education Department of Gauhati University.
- The Students, who have Appeared or are Appearing in their Respective Post Graduate Final Examinations may also apply for Admission into the Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) or Philosophiae Doctor (Ph.D.) Programs. However, such Candidates will be required to furnish their respective Results before the Final Selection List of Successful Applicants is prepared by the Department Concerned.
- Any Applicant, who is in a Service (either Permanent or Temporary or Part-Time) should have a “No Objection Certificate” Obtained from / Issued by the Employer before Admission may be Allowed.
International Applicants An International Applicant is the One Who is not a Domicile of the Republic of India.
An International Applicant is not required to appear in the GU-RET. The Counseling Process for International Applicants can be carried out through other Methodologies of Technology Available.
- As an Applicant / Candidate, You MUST have passed the Master’s Level Examination from any University / Institute Recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC).
- He / She MUST have secured Minimum 55% or Equivalent Grade in your Master’s Examination.
- Qualifying Examination: For Admission into the Philosophiae Doctor Program of Gauhati University, You MUST have passed a Course, which is Equivalent to the Two-Years’ Master’s Program that we have here, which is usually taken after Twelve (12) Years of School and Three (03) Years of Under Graduate Course, completing Total Fifteen (12 + 03) 15 Years of Education; i.e., You MUST have had 17 Years’ of Formal Education followed by Qualifying in the Research Eligibility Test, in case NOT EXEMPTED from the Research Entrance Test before You become Eligible for Admission into a Philosophiae Doctor Program. Though this may vary depending on Different Disciplines.
- An International Applicant will have to Demonstrate Proficiency in English either through Standardized Tests, such as, Test Of English As A Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS), etc. or through a Proven Record of receiving Education in the English Language over a considerable length of time.
- While considering international Applications, the Doctorate Research Committee (DRC) / Faculty Research Committee (FRC) of the Department Concerned will take into consideration the Merit of the Research Proposal, Reference Letters, and Scores of Standardized Tests such as Revised General Examination (GRE) / Revised General Test (GRT).
- There is NO Application Fee for any International Applicant. However, the International Applicant MUST go through the Centralized Admission Process (CAP).
Exemption from Gauhati University RET (GU-RET) 2019:
- Exemption from Appearing in the GU-RET does not mean Automatic Admission into the Master of Philosophy / Philosophiae Doctor (M.Phil./Ph.D.) Program. It is just a Benefit Awarded to certain Deserving Applicants. Any Exempted Applicant will have to go through the Process of Counseling before She / He may be Granted Admission into the M.Phil. / Ph.D. Program. Hence, all Deserving Candidates should apply through the Central Application Process (CAP). Recipient of Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) / University Grants Commission – Junior Research Fellowship (UGC-JRF), Indian Council of Medical Research – Junior Research Fellowship (ICMR-JRF), Indian Council of Agricultural Research – Junior Research Fellowship (ICAR – JRF), Department of Bio-Technology – Junior Research Fellowship (DBT-JRF) are Exempted from Appearing in the Gauhati University – Research Eligibility Test (GU-RET). The Eligible International Students are also Exempted from appearing in the GU-Research Eligibility Test 2019.
The Candidates would be able to Download their respective GU-RET Admittance Cards followed by Notification. The Electronic Hall Tickets to be Issued for the Candidates will bear the Detailed Instructions for Compliance.
The GU-RET 2019 will consist of Three (03) Sections, as follows:
Section A (General) and Section B & Section C (Subject Specific). The Sections B & C may be of Two ()2) Types – Option (1): Multiple Choice Questions of Objective Type for 30 Marks and Descriptive Questions of 50 Marks OR Option (2) Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions for 50 Marks and Descriptive Questions for 30 Marks. Any Department has the freedom for going for Option (1) or Option (2). Which Kind of the Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions / Descriptive Questions shall be set for Sections B & C will be informed through GU-RET Web Page.
The Course Material for Sections B & C for a Particular Discipline will be as per the Master’s Syllabus of Gauhati University for that Particular Subject.
GU-RET (GU Research Eligibility Test) 2019 Download
The Office of the Controller of Examinations will Host the Research Eligibility Test 2019 for aimed at Shortlisting the Candidates for Counseling as here under:
Gauhati University Research Eligibility Test (GU-RET) is the First Screening Test after the Central Application Process (CAP) for Admission into the Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) and Philosophiae Doctor (Ph.D.) Programs of Gauhati University, unless any Applicant qualifies for any Exemption.
Structure of GU-RET 2019:
- The GU-RET is a Research Eligibility Test / Examination consisting of Two Parts (a) a Common Paper to test the Applicant’s Knowledge about Reasoning & Aptitude, Mental Ability, and Basic Computer Knowledge, (b) A Subject Paper, which specifically Tests the Applicant’s Depth of Knowledge in the Subject Concerned.
- The GU-RET Structure for the Academic Year 2019 is mentioned hereunder:
|Section||Optional Paper||Test Component||No. of the Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions||Maximum Marks||Sectional Cut-Off
Irrespective of Category
|Reasoning & Aptitude Test (RAT)||
|30% (06 Marks)|
|Mental Ability Test (MAT)|
|Computer Awareness Test (CAT)|
|B||Optional 1||Subject Specific||30||30||30% (09 Marks)|
|Optional 2||Subject Specific||50||50||30% (15 Marks)|
|C||Optional 1||Subject Specific (Descriptive / Conventional Type)||50||50||30% (15 Marks)|
|Optional 2||Subject Specific (Descriptive / Conventional Type)||30||30||30% (09 Marks)|
|Total||100||100||50% (50 Marks)|
Gauhati University Website: www.web.gauhati.ac.in/gu-ret-2019
Email Connectivity: email@example.com
Wishing here the Best of Luck for the Candidates!
Click here to Log into the University of Gauhati Website
Log into Gauhati University Website for Online Registration.
Log into Gauhati University Website for GU-RET 2019 Admit Cards.