CCSU Ph.d Entrance Merit List 2019 Result Notice ~~:
Takes cognizance of Chaudhary Charan Singh University Notification coming up for Admission into Doctorate of Philosophy / Master of Philosophy Program for the Academic Year 2019 – 19, First Gen on which shall be put up for display on our Website in concurrence with the Office of the Registrar (Examination) in coordination with Research Degree Committee and would like to briefly state in the subsequent Paragraph:
CCSU Ph.D Entrance Merit List 2019
Any Candidate for aiming for Registration for the Degree of Ph.D. must have, at the time of Application, a Second Class Master’s Degree, with Minimum 50% Marks in the Subject concerned OR Any Candidate holding Masters’ Degree with at least 55% Marks (50% for SC/ST Candidates) in the Subject concerned, is also Eligible for Registration for Doctorate of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Degrees as per University Rules in the Teaching Departments of the University OR Any Candidate having Second Class Master’s Degree, with Minimum 55% Marks in the Allied subject, approved by the Board of Studies may apply for the Registration. Their Cases will be placed before the Research Degree Committee (RDC) for Consideration, under Interdisciplinary Approach.
CCSU Ph.D Entrance Result 2019 Declared
Any Candidate desiring for Registration for the degree Ph.D. shall submit an application to the University in a Prescribed Form, annexed therewith the Required Fee and a Detailed Synopsis through the Supervisor and the Head of the Department Institution concerned, or the Principal of an approved Research Center. The Candidate will deliver an open Pre-Registration Seminar on the Topic in the Department / Research Center in the presence of the Faculty Members, Research Scholars and Post Graduate Students in this respect. The Supervisor will have to submit a Certificate along with the Application Form to the Research Degree Committee that the Candidate has satisfactorily delivered the Seminar.
Consideration for the Application for Registration:
The Application for Registration, if complete in all respects, shall be placed before the Research Degree Committee, for the Subject and the Candidate will appear before the Research Degree Committee for Presentation and Discussion on his / her Topic. If the Research Degree Committee is satisfied with the Qualifications of the Candidate, then the Synopsis submitted, the place of Research, and the Eligibility of the Supervisor, he / she may be allowed to be registered for the Research Degree. Decisions of Research Degree Committee shall be implemented immediately. Any Candidate will be deemed to be registered from the Date on which his / her Synopsis is approved by the Research Degree Committee.
Cancellation of Registration:
Admission / Ph.D. Registration of a Scholar may be cancelled by the University on the ground of unsatisfactory Progress Report by the Supervisor. Further, on ground of Indiscipline or misconduct his Admission into the Institution may be cancelled and his / her Registration for Ph.D. will automatically stand cancelled from the Date of Cancellation of the Admission. The Supervisor shall be a Member in all such Decisions. Any Candidate may submit his / her Revised Synopsis within Three months from the Date of Meeting of the Research Degree Committee, as the case may be. The R.D.C. will ordinarily meet thrice in a Year, once in the period of July to October, November to February and March to June each Year.
Research Degree Committee:
The Body that considers the Research Proposals for a Research Degree of the University shall be called the Research Degree Committee. The RDC consist of Seven Members, viz., the Vice Chancellors (Chairperson), Convener, two Internal Members and three External Experts nominated by the Vice Chancellor.
Submission of Thesis:
Any Candidate registered for Award of the Degree in Doctorate of Philosophy (Ph.D.) shall be allowed to submit his / her Thesis not before Two Years from the Date of Approval of the Research Proposal by the Research Degree Committee. The Candidate, at the time of Submission of the Thesis, will have to deliver a Seminar in the Department / Research Scholars and Post Graduate Students. The Supervisor concerned will submit a Certificate with the Panel of Experts / Examiners that the Scholar has satisfactorily delivered the Seminar satisfactory. Moreover the Candidate must have put in an Attendance of 360 Days at the Venue / Place of Research. A Certificate to this effect from the Supervisor must accompany the Thesis. The Maximum Period allowed for submission of the Thesis is Five Years from the Date of Approval of the Topic by the Research Degree Committee. However, in some genuine cases the Vice Chancellor may allow an Extension of Two Years but that too with the recommendation of the Supervisor and the Candidate has to pay the Fee determined by the University from time to time. In case the Candidate fails to submit the Thesis in the stipulated Time of Five Years then his / her Registration Automatically stands cancelled.
Evaluation of Thesis:
The Examiners shall separately examine the Thesis and submit their Detailed Reports and the Final Recommendations, if all Three Examiners recommend Award of the Degree or Two Examiners recommend award of the Degree and Third recommends the Revision and Re-submission of Thesis, the Candidate shall be called upon to appear for a Viva-voce. There shall be an open Viva-voce, which shall be conducted at respective Department or approved Research Center concerned under the Overall Supervision of the Head of the Department, the Viva-voce may be conducted at the University on the request of the Candidate with the Prior Approval of the Vice Chancellor. The Candidate shall present a Summary of his / her Thesis and the Work done by him / her before an Audience consisting of Two Viva-voce Examiners appointed by the Vice Chancellor the Candidate shall present a Summary of his / her Thesis and the Work done by him before an Audience consisting of Two Viva-voce Examiners appointed by the Vice Chancellor, Teacher and Post-Graduate Students of the Subject concerned and Allied Subjects. A Notice to this effect shall be circulated by the Supervisor with the Prior Approval of the Head of the Department / Principal of the College concerned / Head of the Institution. A copy of the above Notice shall be attached with the Viva-voce Report.
- Any Candidate fulfilling one of the following requirements may be considered for Admission into Ph.D. without appearing in the Ph.D. RET. However, they will have to appear for the Interview and obtain the Minimum Qualifying Marks (to be specified) in the Interview.
- Any Candidate, who has qualified the National Eligibility Test (NET) as National Eligibility Test Junior Research Fellowship (NET- JRF), However, the Candidates qualifying the National Eligibility Test for Lectureship (NET-LS) (National Eligibility Test for Lectureship), or the State Level Eligibility Test (SLET), only, shall not be eligible for Ph.D. RET Exemption.
- A Permanent Teacher of the Institute with Post Graduate Qualification and at least two published Papers in a Standard Journal or two Full Papers on the reputed Conference Proceedings.
- Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) Students of Chaudhary Charan Singh University who have qualified the RET of Chaudhary Charan Singh University for Admission into Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.), are exempted from appearing in the RET for Doctorate in Philosophy Admission in Chaudhary Charan Singh University.
- Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering (GATE) will be considered for Admission into the Discipline under the Faculty of Engineering only.
- Any Candidate, who is a Recipient of Fellowships of the Government / Semi-Government Organizations, such as, the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), University Grants Commission (UGC), All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Department of Science and Technology (DST), Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO), Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Department of Biotechnology (DBT), and similar National-Level Organizations, which are awarded through an All India Selection Procedure conducted by the Agency / Organization concerned. However, the Candidates selected in the Research Project funded by such Organizations shall not be considered under Ph.D. RET Exempted Category.
Wishing here the Best of Luck for the Candidates!
Press Click here on Chaudhary Charan Singh University Website for Updates.