AIIMS Ph.D Entrance Test Application Form 2019 Notification Apply Online Syllabus Pattern:
Taking cognizance of the Pre-Philosophiae Doctor Admission Test 2019 for Admission into the First Year of the Philosophiae Doctor Program for January 2019 of the Academic Session 2019-20 into all 09 All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), while looking forward to the Office of the Registrar / Director to issue in December 2019 a Notification and the Information Brochure 2019 – 20, Brief on Pre-Ph.D. Admission 2019 – 20 is mentioned hereunder:
AIIMS Ph.D Entrance Test Application Form 2019
The Candidates satisfying the Eligibility Criteria may apply Online as per the Instructions furnished in the Admission Notice for Philosophiae Doctor Program – 2019 – 20.
The Applicants must peruse the Eligibility Riders prior to applying Online.
Pre-Ph.D. Entrance Test 2019 Admit Cards
The Office of the Controller of Examinations shall release the e-Admission Tickets for the Candidates Minimum 07 Days prior to commencement of the Stage I – Philosophiae Doctor Admission Test / Research Eligibility Test.
The Admit Cards uploaded / issued in the Website for the Candidates shall bear Detailed Instructions for Compliance.
The Candidates must retain with them the Admittance Tickets / Admit Cards until the Process of Admission comes to an end.
Procedure for Admission:
The Office of the Controller of Examinations, the All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) shall host in January 2019 the Pre-Philosophiae Doctor Admission Test 2019 / Doctor of Philosophy Research Eligibility Test 2019, for Admission into the Branches of Studies offered by all 09 All India Institutes of Medical Sciences:
Pre-Ph.D. Entrance Test / Research Eligibility Test 2019:
Stage I – Examination Duration: 1½ Hours / 90 Minutes (1000 Hours up to 1130 Hours)
Marking Scheme: 01 Mark for each Correct Answer. Deduction of 1/3rd or 0.33 Marks for each Wrong Answer / Incorrect Response.
|Test Stage||No. of Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions||Maximum Marks||Procedure for Admission|
|Pre-Ph.D. Entrance Test / Admission Test Stage – I||70||70||
“Admission into the First Year of Philosophiae Doctor Program shall be strictly based on the Merit determined taking into consideration the Candidates secured Minimum Qualifying 50% Marks in Paper I consisting of Stage I & Stage II for 70 Marks followed by the Departmental Assessment Test Marks.
|Medical / Dental / Nursing Program:|
|Paper (Stage) – I||30||30|
|Paper (Stage) – II||40||40|
|Paper (Stage) – I||30||30|
|Paper (Stage) – II||40||40|
|Departmental Assessment Test Stage – II||20|
|Special Weight age of Marks||10|
Methodology of Minimum Percentile Marks / Cut-Off:
Minimum / At least 50% Percentile Marks in each Stage of the Philosophiae Doctor Admission Test / Ph.D. Entrance Examination / Research Entrance Test (Stage I and Stage II) to be Eligible for Stage III.
Special Weight age (10 Marks) will be added to Total Score of Stages I and II for the Candidates, who fulfill both the following Criteria:
(1) They are Eligible for Stage III;
(2) They also have in possession Medical Degree [Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) / Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) / Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) / Diplomate of National Board (DNB) / Doctor of Medicine (MD) / Master of Surgery (MS) / Doctor of Management / Magister Chirurgiae (DM/M.Ch.) or Master of Science (M.Sc.) (Nursing) or Equivalent.
Special Weight age (Shall be Published / Described in the Admission / Information Prospectus – 2019 – 20) to be added after Determining Eligibility.
The Candidates, who have qualified in above said National Level Eligibility / Entrance Examinations leading to Award of the Fellowships, will be given Special Weight age in the entrance examination as detailed in Methodology of Selection part of Guidelines.
The Non-Medical Candidates should have preferably Qualified in any one of the following National Level Entrance Tests (NETs) in the last 02-Years:
- Joint Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) – University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test (UGC NET) for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)
- Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) – Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)
- Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) – Senior Research Fellowship (SRF)
- Department of Bio-Technology (DBT) – Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)
- Department of Bio-Technology (DBT) – Senior Research Fellowship (SRF)
- National Board for Higher Mathematics Screening Test (NBHMST)
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)
- INNOVATION IN SCIENCE PURSUIT FOR INSPIRED RESEARCH (INSPIRE) Fellowship
- University Grants Commission (UGC) – Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)
- University Grants Commission (UGC) – Senior Research Fellowship (SRF)
- Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) – Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)
- Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) – Senior Research Fellowship (SRF)
- Department of Science & Technology (DST) – Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)
- Department of Science & Technology (DST) – Senior Research Fellowship (SRF)
*.The Candidates, who have qualified in above said National Level Examinations leading to Award of Fellowships shall be given Special Weight age in the Philosophiae Doctor Entrance Examination as detailed in Method of Selection Part of Guidelines.
The Candidates 03 (Three) Times the number of the Seats advertised shall be called for Stage III (Department Clinical / Practical / Laboratory based Assessment carrying 20 Marks).
Method of Resolving Ties:
The Tie Case shall be resolved according to Age (Date of Birth) (implying the Candidate with the Earlier Date of Birth / Born Earlier), the Elder / Older Candidate shall get Preference over the Younger One.
- Starting Date of Registration: 11th Nov 2018
- Last Date of Registration: 10th Dec 2018
The All India Institute of Medical Sciences Website: www.aiimsexams.org
Wishing here the Best of Luck for the Candidates!
Log into the All India Institute of Medical Sciences Website for Information Brochure, Online Registration, Counseling, Final Result Updates.
Log into the All India Institute of Medical Sciences Website for Ph.D. Research Eligibility Test Admit Card Download.